CaT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 01:29:49AM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> >
> > Good for you, I'm glad for you; and irrelevant.  Yes, CUPS works.
> > What if you don't want to use CUPS?  Have you not seen all the posts
>
>  Then don't use it.

Sigh.  My point is, that's far easier said than done!  Damned near
everything drags in CUPS.  I already had lprng installed, and
foomatic-* wanted to remove it and install CUPS.  Should I just
complain to linuxprinting.org that they're flat out lying when they
say I can use pretty much any spooler?  That's not true, but Debian's
packaging system appears to think it is.

Why is it that when I do a non-DE install, then install fluxbox, it
doesn't drag in xserver-xorg?  Can fluxbox be used without X?  Why the
double standard?

Why does CUPS (and Gnome, and KDE ...) get such close dependency ties
when others, which really are close dependencies, don't?

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292