On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:32:38 -0700, Lorenas Bartkus wrote:
>hi again :)
>finally i've used the command apt-get install pppoeconf and now i have
>installed pppoeconf (i founded this command from ubuntu which i  tried
>before but i didn't like it) . is there any command to configure pppoe
>i mean to provide the isp with user name and password? because in
>windows on desktop i have icon by presing it i connect to the internet.
>my modem is connected via lan.

According to http://users.pandora.be/Asterisk-PBX/PPPoE.htm you should
be asked about those details when installing pppoe and pppoeconf.  The
configuration of those two packages should also allow you to bring up
the network connection automatically at boot time.

My ADSL provider uses PPPoE, but I've never had to configure my computer
to use it--my router takes care of PPPoE and my computers just use
regular Ethernet/TCPIP/DHCP.  Maybe if you tell us a little bit more
about your network setup then we can help you more.

/M

[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://therning.org/magnus

As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of
ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
     -- Benjamin Franklin