Hi,

Using KDE or Gnome on a laptop, when I suspend, all seems fine. And, if
I resume within approx. 10 mins, the resume works as expected.

However, when I resume after 10 mins or so, the fan starts, the CDROM
whirrs, but the monitor doesn't restart. I think the disk has started -
there are a couple of flashes from the access light initially, but then
no more.

But, after six minutes, the machine suddenly bursts into life, and the
world is good again.

Does anyone have any pointers where to look to resolve this? Thanks.

I've tried hacking around with the options in /etc/default/acpi-default,
but nothing in there changed things. In addition,
ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=true is set.

--
Cheers,
Marc