Dave Thayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 05:09:27PM -0400, Orestes Leal wrote:
>> Hi Folks, I need a 'direct' download (with suport for resume) for download
>> de Linux version of doom3, I have the original 3 CDs so the only thing
>> that I need it´s the .run? or whatever for linux, any help will be
>> thankfully appreciated,
>
> Have a look at the official "DOOM III GNU/Linux FAQ"
> <http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/linux/doom/> It contains the link
> you're looking for as well as a bittorrent tracker link. Of course,
> you'll want to read the other information there too...

I had a heck of a time finding a working link a while back for quake2,
and in the end had to go with the loki installer from
http://www.liflg.org/.  I really don't know what makes it a different
way than others, or if it does at all, but the link was there, it
worked, and admittedly the install was easy.  I think they have doom3
there so it may be worth looking into as well.

Patrick