Richard Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I fail to see why you couldn't write a filter (using maildrop or
>> procmail) to pipe the message through w3m -dump (or links -dump) before
>> storing the message.
>
> Thanks John.  That seems to be the definitively best way to go.  I just
> have to work out how to reliably identify or flag the offending messages for
> treatment.

All html mail should have content type set to text/html

>> Also, IMAP won't care if you change the message. You just upload the
>> message as a new message. I do it all the time with I add labels etc.
>
> It will be better if I leave the headers alone, so that threading
> doesn't get broken.

Well, I was talking about created a brand new message.  When I add
labels etc, I add header lines, but the message itself is like the
original.  But as far as IMAP is concerned, I deleted the old message
and uploaded a new message.  As long the In-Reply-To header is still
there, the threading shouldn't be broken

--
John L. Fjellstad