Hi,

2007/9/19, Serena Cantor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I used to connect Internet thru cable modem.
>
> Now I buy a wireless router and connect thru router. Actually I use wired
> part of the wireless
> router.
> IP is auto configed as 192.168.1.100, and I can visit admin page of router,
> but can't visit the
> rest of Internet.

there are a couple of providers out there that restrict to the mac
address your computer has (read: a single mac address registered at
the provider).

call their support and tell them the mac of your router if that is the case.

other things:

* does the router get a public IP from the cable modem?
* does the route have connection to the rest of the world?
* is the router supported by your isp (if not just thell them your
network card changed and don't tell them about the router until you're
absolutely sure that it for some reason doesn't work - i found that if
you have "unsupported" hardware support get's picky about giving you
any info at all even if you are allowed to have a route just happens
to be a model that is unsupported...)

apart from that I assume that you have a Linksys WRT54GL ver 3.1 with
2MB of flash and flashed that with openwrt. you can always connect to
the router with ssh and see if that has a connection and check the
logs on your router (/var/log....) to find hints about problems.

hth
martin