On Friday 21 September 2007 11:23, Nate Duehr wrote:
> I think the more important question for the original poster is really
> -- how far away do you think your keyboard can be reliably received
> (just walk away from the computer and see where you can go
One should consider the question 'how much worth is my typing?'
If it's "just" your average irc/email among friends/etc, fine.
If it's about "serious business", one might want to consider the (monetary)
value to other parties. It is possible to spy an old crt from a very far
distance (a few hundred meters, that's what I've been told to, haven't
seen/used any spy gizmos myself. "Newer" monitors not included, afaik). I
wouldn't be surprised to find out that some wireless keyboards could be
easily spied on, too. Paranoid? That's the question one should ask
him/herself. It's just the question about the value of the information being
typed vs. how much one should spend resouces on preventing the information
from leaking.

--
-=[JT]=-