On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 18:16:16 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 09/21/07 17:59, Siju George wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could some one tell me the repository from which I can install the VLC
> > player for Debian Lenny?
>
> main.

I cannot find a version of VLC in testing at the moment:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/vlc.html
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=vlc

--------------------

Dependency analysis (including build-depends; i386 only):
* vlc depends on libcaca-dev >= 0.99.beta4-1 but testing has
0.99.beta11.debian-3
                                               (unstable has
0.99.beta11.debian-3)
  o binary package libcaca-dev is part of source package libcaca
    + libcaca has the same version in unstable and testing
(0.99.beta11.debian-3)

This dependency analysis does not make any sense to me:
0.99.beta11.debian-3 is greater than 0.99.beta4-1, or am I missing
something? Maybe there is a bug in the versions comparison code. The VLC
package in unstable works fine AFAICT and it must have been built with
the same version of libcaca-dev.

To come back to the original question: It seems that at the moment you
need to pull in VLC from the unstable repository. I think that should be
possible without problems, but I cannot test that myself.

          Florian   |