On 09/22/2007 09:42 AM, Peter Jordan wrote:
> i run debian etch with exim4 (smarthost configuration) for outbound emails.
>
> Is it possible to encrypt the outbound emails with gpg?

gpg/pgp signing/encryption/decryption is all about trusting the human
associated with the key pair.  Using gpg relates to the mail *user*, so
the mail server has nothing to do with gpg, other than delivering the
message.

> If it is possible how can i do that?

Sign/Encrypt with your mail client, then push "Send"  ;)  Looks like you
are using Thunderbird - I use the Enigmail plugin [0] with Icedove -
'aptitude install enigmail'.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler