Nyizsnyik Ferenc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Connect the phone and start wammu. Choose Phone -> Connect. You should
> now see the specs of your phone. Now you can Retrieve -> Messages, then
> Backup -> Save messages.
> If you have a lot of them (several hundred), wammu will be irresponsive
> for a few minutes, don't be scared. :)
> Hope this helps.

With my phone it does not work.  I did as you said:

 Phone -> Connect -> Retrieve -> Messages

, but for ten minutes nothing happened.  Then `Backup -> Save messages'
produced an empty file.  Meanwhile wammu would respond to other commands.
When I tried to retrieve contacts, I got error message:

Error while communicating with phone

Function: GetNextMemory
Error code: 27

Did you perhaps need any special configuration with your Sony Ericsson?

Thanks, anyway
Rodolfo