2007/10/18, Alex Samad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 01:39:21PM +0200, Martin Marcher wrote:

> > IMHO lvm mirroring is useless. if I do LVM (on servers) I have
> > multiple drives and i tend to trust mdadm more in this field than LVM
> > (don't ask me why - I couldn't logically say why).
>
> it would be good to here from somebody that uses lvm mirroring.  I would like
> to access some of that extra space that would be made available if I did
> mirroring at the lvm level instead of the md level.

wouldn't that defeat the purpose of mirror?

I think if I do mirror my data I _want_ it to be redundantent (how do
you spell that?). I wouldn't want to risk something by gaining a few %
of space, rather I'd like to be assured that if a disk dies I can
simply replace it and LVM will not even take care about that (hotplug
with mdadm) - on the other hand I never looked into mirroring LVM
because mdadm is just made for that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

martin

--
http://noneisyours.marcher.name
http://feeds.feedburner.com/NoneIsYours