2007/10/24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I have a CD-RW drive attached to my Linux server and I was wondering if it
> was at all possible to be able to access this drive (for both reading and
> writing, though writing is what's important) from my Win2k box. If it is
> possible, how would I go about doing it? All the information I can find
> online is either Win->Win or Win->Linux. Any ideas?

I know there are a few packages that let you access your writer thru a
webinterface. I guess setting up a proper share and limiting the max
usage (with quotas) to 800MB should do fine (google "cd writer
webinterface" yielded this as the 3rd link:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/webcdwriter/?branch_id=12597&release_id=132088)

I've never done that but used such a setup at a friend's place.

hth
martin

--
http://noneisyours.marcher.name