I've got an app (Banner) that needs a specific version of the Java plugin (a 1.4 variant). I've got it installed on my Sid box, but can't get Iceweasel to recognize it instead of the 1.5 version.

No matter what I do to disable 1.5, "about:plugins" reports:

Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_04-b05

   File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
   Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_04

I've run updatedb (as sudo) and then located libjavaplugin_oji.so, and then moved or renamed all the 1.5 versions I can find, and yet still Iceweasel finds this version. (Yes, I am restarted Iceweasel each time. It's getting painful.)

Google has not been my friend, either.

(It would be SO much simpler if the Firefox devs would simply put the full path to the filename in "about:plugins"; this sort of thing has bit me before, and a full path would have helped then, too.)

Searching for "path" or for "java" in "about:config" didn't provide any clues that worked out either.

Where is Iceweasel finding the Java 1.5 plugin that I can't find it?

Thanks!

--
Kent