--- ZephyrQ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Angus Auld wrote:

> >>    Just played with Opera for a while.  I was
> >> impressed.  Not afraid to
> >> pay $ for it if it can hold up to everyday usage
> >> (heck, considering how
> >> much $ I **don't** pay for software, dropping a
> few
> >> bucks here and there
> >> for a program worth it feels good...).
> >>
> >>    Now I just have to make sure it handles .pdf
> stuff
> >> right (work
> >> requirement).
> > Pay for it??? Opera doesn't ask for money
> > anymore....unless
> > you wish to donate to their cause.
> > Considering how they have been pushing back
> against
> > ms's
> > BS, maybe we should all donate. ;)
> >
> > I really like Opera, and inspite of some
> difficulties
> > having to do
> > with plugins, I haven't found a browser that I am
> as
> > satisfied
> > with as theirs. The Wand feature is a real winner
> for
> > me, as well
> > as Speed Dial.
> > If you are adventureous, and want to try Opera
> beta
> > releases,
> > go here:
> >
> > http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/
> >
> > Opera 9.50 promises to be even better. :)
> >
> > Like I said, I really like Opera.
>

>       Heh, been out of the 'latest-greatest' game for a
> while.  I guess I
> still thought Opera was a 'for pay' proposition.
> Imagine my surprise
> when I didn't see any ads and/or a shareware notice
> come up while
> playing with it.
>
>       I'm setting it up as my new browser now--a long
> term project as I have
> decided that I won't import my bookmarks (8+ years
> of bookmarking has
> left my bookmarks, well, bloated.  I google
> everything now anyway...)
> and will just transfer sites/passwords as necessary.
>
>       Dumb question, if I want a folder of bookmarks on
> my personal toolbar,
> can I change the icon from a folder to something
> else?  If so, how?  I
> couldn't find how to do it yet.

I think you can make the change you desire, if I
understand your
question correctly.
Opera's bookmarks file can be found
~/.opera/opera6.adr.
You should be able to modify that file to suit your
needs.
I'm glad you find Opera worth your attention.
They have an Opera Linux mailing list that has proved
helpful
in my experience, and I feel the Opera team works hard
to make
their browser a quality Linux, and, cross platform
browser.

The mailing list info, and a link to the list
archives, can be found here:

HTHs.

-- Angus

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931###########