Henry Luciano wrote:

> *sigh*, multiple times.  The hardest thing is removing the old caps and
> desoldering the holes, but all in all it's not that bad.  Keep the iron
> hot enough to melt the solder but not hot enough to damage the trace.
> Practicing on an old board first would be a good idea of course.

I used a solder suction pump along with the soldering gun. As soon as
the solder melted it was sucked up by the pump. Helps a lot if you
already have lots of experience using the equipment :-)

You also have to make sure that when you solder the new caps, you can't
use too much solder as there isn't much space around.

> FYI, you don't need to match the voltage of the caps, just the
> capacitance and diameter.  Cf. http://www.capacitorlab.com/basic/index.htm

I got the caps after listing their ratings from the original caps
themselves from http://www.badcaps.net/ They package took about 10-12
days to arrive though.

HTH,
KS.