On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 06:47:29 +0900
David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ext3 is best if you are dealing with a mixture of both and has the
> added security factor of defaulting to Ext2 if it fails. Although I
> have never had reason to find out.

I'm in the habit of using buggy and crash-prone hardware D.on't know
why; I guess I just don't like buying new hardware, am too lazy to
haul faulty stuff back to the store, and don't mind the occasional
cold reboot.

Anyway, while I often had minor and rather harmless corruption on ext2
systems from these shutdowns, I've never had any issues after
switching to ext3. "Recovering journal..." and that's it. Same
for USB (and encrypted) disks that I often forget to properly
unmount. Don't know anything about other systems, but also see no
reason to try them out.

--D.