Rodolfo Medina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> On my laptop I installed x-window-system-core and gnome-core and the volume
>> control small icon top right on Gnome desktop looks all right.  Instead, on
>> my desktop PC the same icon is not active, and when I left-click it the
>> following message appears:

>> The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to
>> control. This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer
>> plugins installed, or that you don't have a sound card configured.
>>
>> You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the
>> speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the
>> menu.
>>
>> .  Do you think that the sound card is not recognized by Etch?  I hope not.
>> Does anyone please have any suggestion?  I don't know what to do.
>

> It seems the problem was due to the fact that the user did not belong to the
> `audio' group.  So, it should be enough to do:
>
>  # adduser <user> audio
>
> , then log out and in again.

It seems that that small icon top right in gnome panel will let me angry.  Now
on my desktop PC it's fine, but on my laptop that damned icon shows the `mute'
state every time I log in the X again.  It must be something with Gnome
settings, but I don't know how to fix it.  Any hint from anyone?

Rodolfo