On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 22:11:28 -0800, tom arnall wrote:
> i interrupted 'apt-get install linux-wlan-ng' and when i did the command
> again
> i got at the end of the installation messages:
>
> /etc/modutils/0keep: line 9: keep: command not found
> Error while executing /etc/modutils/0keep, aborting
> Note: If /etc/modutils/0keep should not be an executable script, please
> ensure
> it does not have execute permission
> dpkg: error while cleaning up:
>  subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-wlan-ng_0.2.5+dfsg+prism2dl-1etch1_i386.deb

As far as I can tell, /etc/modutils/0keep should not be executable. It
belongs to the modutils package, which itself is depreciated for 2.6
kernels and has been superceded by module-init-tools.

> system details:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/modutils$ uname -r
> 2.6.16.4

Etch's kernel is at 2.6.18.5.

> and etch

Not really, you seem to be running something in between Sarge and Etch.
I would fully upgrade to Etch before doing anything else. Then you can
install module-assistant and it should do all the wlan-ng-related work
for you. ("module-assistant prepare" followed by "module-assistant
auto-install linux-wlan-ng".)

          Florian   |