> You're doing great.

Thanks

> Are you sure you restarted X after modifying /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

No I don't restart the X. Even I didn't know that could be done after
changing xorg.conf without restarting the PC. (X server must be restarted
entirely after reboot)

What I did is, just restarted the mechine using gdm menu & it takes me to
the command line after reboot. ( Because I change the defeult runlevel to 3
in inittab & rename /etc/rc3.d/S21gdm to /etc/rc3.d/s21gdm) Then I logged as
root and execute "gdm" in command prompt. Then I logged to the mechine using
my user account (since it don't give me to log as a root)

After reading this mail I tried to start the X using "startx" (instead of
"gdm") & it directly loged me as a root. But same effect, it only shows me
60/87 Hz for 1024 x 768 and previous problems are there.

> /etc/init.d/gdm restart will do it I think.
>
> I thought that this was worth checking because your attachments show
> that you have two
> xorg.conf files, and you might not know that you have to restart X
> entirely, not just log out
> and in again.  (I think--I'll have to double-check.)  Your first
> xorg.conf has low settings that
> would give you the poor quality you are talking about, so I wanted to
> make sure you were
> using the second xorg.conf.

Yes now I am using the second xorg.conf. i.e the one under the hedding
******xorg.conf******current one****** in my previous mail.

It has created by "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg"

> In any case, you're on the right track.

Thanks again.

Otherwise I don't no what to do.

Regards,