Le septidi 27 floréal, an CCXVI, Raj Kiran Grandhi a écrit :
> I am not so sure of vlc and others. Be aware, however, that the software
> based rendering and scaling are significantly slower and highly cpu
> intensive.

With recent computers, that is not an issue except for very high-definition
video.

On the other hand, simple X11-based rendering does not do any screen blank
synchronization: it gives terrible tearing effects.

A color problem may be caused by incorrect parameters for brightness /
contrast / saturation. I suggest to install xvattr and play with its GUI. I
can not understand why this tool is not available in Debian.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George