On 05/14/2008 08:57 AM, Javier Barroso wrote:
Hi list,

Hi Javier.

Since one week ago I'm noticing firefox is sometimes [unresponsive] during three or four seconds.

First I experiment it with swiftfox, then I used Firefox (iceweasel) 2 and the problem didn't go out. Then I switch to iceweasel 3 from experimental, and I see this again.

I don't know how can I debug this problem. iceweasel take high % cpu during the time it is irresponsible.

If I exec strace I get: [...]

Do what I do: disable flash, disable javascript, don't visit youtube and leave FF loaded only so long as you need it.

FF has a session saver feature that allows you to exit FF and restart it with exactly the same windows and tabs you had before.

Good luck.