On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 09:32 +0800, Star Liu wrote:
> Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to ask this silly question here. I'm now using
> the microsoft live messenger, live spaces and hotmail as my IM, blog
> and email service provider, because i'm a windows user for a so long
> time. Two weeks before, I installed debian etch and lenny, and i like
> it very much. I'd like to get your opinions about which IM, blog and
> email services which suits debian best. Thanks!

Ones that support open standards are best.  My suggestions:

      * Any IM server supporting the XMPP instant messaging standard
        (such as Google Talk, LiveJournal Talk, jabber.org, etc.).
        There's really no reason or excuse to keeping Yahoo IM, MSN
        Messenger, AIM and ICQ around now that we have a open, standard
        IM protocol, regardless of what operating system you use.
      * Any email provider capable of handling authenticated SMTP and
        IMAP4 (or at least POP3, but IMAP4 is all around a better answer
        than POP3).  Gmail, most regional ISPs offer this.
      * Blogger and LiveJournal are good options in the blog world.

Hope this helps.

--
Paul Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]