On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 05:00:46PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 19:24 -0400, Curt Howland wrote:
> > It has been replaced by Audacious, which looks and works exactly the
> > same.
> >
> > I liked XMMS, and am happy with Audacious.
>
> Wow, that package changes names every few years, doesn't it?  It was
> X11Amp, then XMMS, now Audacious...

Audacious is a different piece of software forked from bmp and not XMMS.

It's just what most people in search for a small - just player - software
use as a replacement. There are other players around with more features and
different user interfaces like amarok or rythmbox.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world