2008/7/13 Hal Vaughan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Sunday 13 July 2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>> 2008/7/13 Hal Vaughan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> > I'm using Kubuntu, but not the latest version, the one before it
>> > (Gutsy, I think) and KDE 3.5.8 and have been using OSS.
>>
>> Are you aware that Ubuntu and Debian are not the same distribution
>> and you should be asking in the Ubuntu mailing lists or forums
>> instead of here?
>
> Are you aware that many parts are the same

And many are not, particularly in the core distribution.

> and that I'm not the first to
> ask about issues in Ubuntu here and that many Ubuntu users have gotten
> quite a bit of help here?

Great, so you and all those others are offtopic.

> Are you aware that many DDs are also working on Ubuntu and that many of
> us use both Debian and Ubuntu and there's a lot of crossover between
> the two distros?

Ubuntu is offtopic on this list. I'm sure many DDs also use other
distributions, perhaps not even Debian-based. That doesn't make those
distributions ontopic.

> So, having gotten that out of the way, are you aware you could have
> posted something helpful instead of playing gatekeeper?

I am not happy you are wasting bandwidth with offtopic queries for
which I cannot help since you are not using the same Debian I am.

Unless the Debian mailing list admins, if there are any, grant that
Ubuntu queries are ontopic on this list, you are not going to win this
argument. Take your web traffic to the relevant place.

I tried to initially be friendly about this. I honestly thought you
were confused about the relationship between Debian and Ubuntu, but
you are not, and your are still willfully misusing Debian resources.

- Jordi G. H.