Wackojacko wrote:
The command is the same except the device section is as follows (from user manual section 9.9)

*On a Windows host, instead of the above device speciļ¬cation, use e.g.
\\.\PhysicalDrive0.*

Cripes, good catch. I can see how I missed it being one line and not in the same format as all the other command lines. *sigh* Thanks for the clue-by-four. ;)

May need full path to VBoxManage to work.

Hrm, not sure, I'm getting the dreaded VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error. Will have to twiddle with this tomorrow night.

C:\Program Files\Sun\xVM VirtualBox>VBoxManage.exe internalcommands createrawvmd
k -filename test.vmdk -rawdisk \\.\PysicalDrive0
VirtualBox Command Line Management Interface Version 1.6.2
(C) 2005-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
All rights reserved.

Error opening the raw disk: VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Tried the fakembr package but as I have grub in the MBR of the physical disk it wouldn't work for me. I eventually used a grub floppy image mounted at boot time pointing to the menu.lst on the linux partition which works!

    Ha, cute!  Will have to remember that.  Thanks again.