On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 01:13:40PM -0700, Curtis Spencer wrote:

> I have been running postfix on my server for a while and I am able to
> get mail to my accounts just fine.  However, I want to put in an imapd
> server, so I decided to aptitude install of cyrus-imapd.  That install
> seemed to work properly.

If you're just starting with cyrus, you really want to get the
cyrus21-imapd instead. If you're running woody, there's backports
available by the same guy who maintains the package for
testing/unstable.

> Now I would like to just run it stand alone
> without any inetd, so I just type in:
>
> /usr/sbin/imapd and I get
> * OK host Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.19 server ready

It can't run standalone; it's meant to run out of inetd. Cyrus21 runs
standalone.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA

Dave is currently listening to Toad the Wet Sprocket - So Alive (In Light Syrup)