On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 07:00 +0100, Phillipus Gunawan wrote:

> Just to clear up bit mis-understanding
> I did not put same IP on eth0 and eth1, they 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.1.4
> But both did reside on the same subnet: 255.0.0.0
> With this scenario, I assume you corrected me by saying this
> configuration will confuse the Debian on will packet will go from
> which NIC, is this correct?
>
> But then, with the same conf, why am I able to log in from 10.1.1.5 by
> using https://10.1.1.1:10000 or https://10.1.1.4:10000?
> This is what somehow confusing me

Is apache2 listening to all interfaces?

Do 'netstat -atn', so you can see what interfaces it listens to. If
there is a *:10000 , it listens to all, hence you will always connect to
it.

Of course it is possible to have IPs from the same subnet on different
interfaces, but then you have to set the netmask correct and not set to
255.0.0.0.

Best,

Rob