On Friday 2009 January 09 20:32:20 Paul Cartwright wrote:
>On Fri January 9 2009, Rainer Kluge wrote:
>> I am afraid that this bug report will have no effect. The problem
>> discussed in this thread seems to be a problem in the tools used by k3b
>> and not a problem in k3b itself. The bug report should be for growisofs.
>> I would be surprised if the k3b maintainer takes any action. BTW,
>> nothing did happen since mid September!
>
>I'll do another one against wodim/growisofs..

No need.  Anyone that wants to wrestle with
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control can make the neccessary changes to
the existing bug.  If you've already opened a new one, no worries, but you
might want to mention the new bug in the old one and vice-versa.  That way
the bugs can be merged/cloned as needed to get all the information in one
place.

>that's the part of reportbug I wasn't sure of.. where do you find if a bug
> has already been posted, is it close enough to add to, or do you create a
> new one because X is different..

It's really a judgement call.  I usually search/browse b.d.o looking for my
bug.  If I find it I just add more information by email.  If I am unable to
find it, I'll then use reportbug and generally tell reportbug that "None of
these are my bug" or somesuch.[1]  Browsing existing bugs also helps you
identify the unique information about your situation that is worth mentioning
in the bug.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
b...@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))

[1] I do make sure and read the bugs reportbug proposes, sometimes I missed
them during my search/browse and they are appropriate.