On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:42:26 -0500
Rick Pasotto <r...@niof.net> wrote:

> There are several packages that, when I try to upgrade them, aptitude
> tells me that doing so would break many other packages. For these other
> packages aptitude says:
>
>       Depends: libglib1.2 (>= 1.2.0) but it is not installable
>
> However, 'apt-cache policy libglib1.2' shows:
>
> libglib1.2:
>   Installed: 1.2.10-17
>   Candidate: 1.2.10-17
>   Version table:
>  *** 1.2.10-17 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

It is in stable as well. Don't you have stable in your sources.list?

Package libglib1.2 appears to have been replaced by libglib1.2ldbl, and
it shouldn't be depended upon by any package.

The only exception seems to be the package xmovie, and I'd say it's a
bug. So don't install xmovie for now.

--
Carlos Sousa