I found out a little more just now. Having failed to find the debian packager's installation instructions for postgresql I removed the packages from this system. Later I figured to install everything and take another look. I used the current sid tasksel and checked data base and hit ok. The installation went error free until after postgresql-doc got installed then tasksel failed with an error code of 255. So current version of tasksel is not the way to get this done. I'll check out aptitude and see what if any it can clean up and straighten out then do a command line aptitude command to download and install the rest of what's needed.