On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 09:46:13 -0500, Douglas A. Tutty (dtu...@vianet.ca)
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 02:09:33PM +0000, Nuno Magalh??es wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Thorny <thorntreeh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Where did you find this? Can you provide a link so I can look at it?
> >
> > I stand corrected, minimal 48MB, recommended 512MB.[1] You're using
> > 256, i had a system with 196 but this one only has 128... we'll see.
> > Thanks for the heads-up.
> >
> > [1] http://debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch03s04.html.en
>
> I have a PII-233 with 64 MB ram. (I have lesser boxes but they run
> OpenBSD now).

In fact, as a result of reading this thread, today I installed squeeze
on a 1998 vintage P266 laptop which also has 64MB of RAM.  So far I have
IceWM running and have installed Iceweasel, which although sluggish to
load, seems to work fine once it is up and running.  I might try Midori,
which is available in unstable and see if it is an improvement.

So it can be done but a bit more RAM would no doubt make a huge
difference.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.