On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarz...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/3/14 linux china <chinali...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The debian 5.0 has a tiny CD installation method, I downloaded these files
>>
>> cdrom/debian-cd_info.tar.gz     -- isolinux config files for CD
>> cdrom/initrd.gz                 -- initrd for use with isolinux to build a
>> CD
>> cdrom/vmlinuz                   -- kernel for use with isolinux to build a
>> CD
>>
>> But I dont' know how to make a iso with these files, Do I need to
>> uncompress the debian-cd_info.tgz and how about initrd.gz, I 'm
>> guessing to specify vmlinuz as the boot file when making the iso, do
>> you have any guide to make this iso image?
>>

> I believe there's a netinst iso for that to save you from the hassle.
> http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/
>

>> --
>>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Umarzuki Mochlis
> http://gameornot.net
>

>From <http://debian.org>http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst:

"Instead of getting a full 650MB CD image, you just download a CD image file
which contains the bare essentials necessary to install the rest. It is
necessary to have access to a CD recorder in order to use this. The
following are image files which are up to 180 MB in size, making them
suitable for writing to small CD-R(W) media, 80 mm/3.1" in diameter"

and:

"The following are image files which are up to 40 MB in size, making them
suitable for writing to business card-shaped CDs (available in differing
sizes, e.g. 58×75 mm/2.3×3" in diameter)"

------

Umarzuki is right you should install Debian using the net install method,
it's easier.

Here is some info for what you requested:
http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst#verysmall
and:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
please read.

Cya.

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente
servidas"