On Sunday 12 April 2009 11:05:29 am Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> I had this flash drive for a few months and a few days ago, I
> couldn't store data in it. I even try to reformat it but it just
> won't let me. Any suggestion before I buy a new one?

There was a thread on slashdot on this subject within the last few
days--I'd suggest you look for it and read the possibilities for
failure (that was more the subject than say recovering data).

Some of the reasons for an "instant failure" (like this appears to be)
included a good jolt of static electricity, or plugging it into
something that used too high a voltage.  But at least one failure
sounded potentially easily fixable--sometimes the connector flexes the
rest of the card too much and some of the connections (or the solder on
them) crack and fail.

In some cases they can be resoldered.

> ctrl:~# fdisk /dev/sdc
> You will not be able to write the partition table.

You might also google for that particular error message and see what
it's telling you and how and whether other people have overcome it.

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.