David Christensen wrote:
Mark Allums wrote:
... rethinking the brand loyalty.
The point being that an Intel chip is, in my opinion, the current overall winner.

I was an Intel guy for many years, after having been burned on no-name
motherboards.  Intel's products and technical support were top-shelf 10+ years
ago.  Then I got a CC820 board (recalled).  Then they started releasing buggy
BIOS updates (D945GNT).  Then their technical support got arrogant.  Then Intel
shut down their open technical support forums.  Etc..

I am not advocating Intel motherboards, just Intel CPU + Northbridge.

I recommend a non-Intel board, the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2.

ASUS is not a "no-name" board. Dell, HP, and others use ASUS OEM bords in their computers.

Mark Allums