John Hasler wrote:
Mark wrote:
When I feel adventurous one weekend I'll try a Debian install without the
desktop environment.

Ron Johnson writes:
But what will you *do* with it?  Mutt will frustrate you to no end, and
the intarweb has become too graphics-oriented to make lynx/elinks widely
useful.

"No desktop environment" does not mean no graphics (nor does it mean no X).
There _is_ life outside CDE, KDE, and Gnome.
Care to elaborate on that, John? This is a serious question - I used to use Xfce back in the days of Slackware 8.1, but that was still a WM (or was that a DE?). Are you referring to those FWM-like systems, or something entirely different?

AG