On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 02:47:51PM -0500, "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."
<b...@iguanasuicide.net> was heard to say:
> Since GLib, Qt Core, LibBoost, and "C++1x" all provide C++
> bindings/abstractions of the threads, I would not write your own.  I can't
> recommend for or against Boost, but one of those 4 should fit your project.

  Boost is an excellent collection of C++ utility code, from simple
stuff like type traits classes and threading wrappers, up to complex
libraries like the multi-index container library or the meta-programming
library.  I would recommend it highly for any C++ programming.

  Daniel  (who has written a C++ threading wrapper, but wouldn't these days)