On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 02:39:30PM +0530, tanushyam bhattacharjee wrote:
> I have installed the latest debian(lenny) in my lenovo desktop (Family:Think
> Centre M58p Type:7483 Model:ABQ).During installation it has showed no network
> card detected pls choose one from the list.Presently I have installed the OS
> without NIC.Can anyone suggest me how can I install the NIC now.
> Note:Device Manager shows the system has
>                    Model:82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection
>                    Vendor: Intel Corporation

You need the correct kernel module loaded.

It took me about two minutes to find
http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/Intel/DQ45EK/ in a Google search.

Try "modprobe e1000e" .

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that
      seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be
      opened."                         Luke 11:10