On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 11:43:51PM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:

> wondering if any one is using this, I have been starting to use
> rdiff-backup that got me looking at backupninja and that in turn led me
> to duplicity - looks interesting. the web pages says its still in beta.
>
> wondering if any one would like to comment on it - any problems they
> might have had if any

I have used it for a short time, and when it works it is OK. In my
case however, I had too many errors and unrecoverable backups so I
stopped using it.

To have an encrypted backup, I now use an encrypted volume on the
remote device and use rsync over ssh to do the backups to that volume.

It is much more simple and it is easy to recover backups.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and
      he shall bring it to pass."          Psalms 37:5