Lisi wrote:
On Saturday 21 November 2009 04:54:11 S. Fishpaste wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:27:35 +0000, AG in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
I used to use korganizer, but for whatever reason it no longer minimises
to my notification area in Gnome, and when it does I cannot click it to
open it to add new reminders.

I want to have a reminder that can run in the background when I don't
need it and minimises to the notification area (system tray?) in Gnome
(the area near the clock on a default lay out), and when an appointment
is due it pops up with a reminder.  There are any number of calendars,
etc., but I haven't been able to find something that I am looking for
(such as something similar to korganizer).

Can anyone make a recommendation please?  I am running Testing.
Evolution is the best I've found so far. Bonus if you're using Google
Calendar, as it interfaces nicely with it. One doesn't need to have
Evolution running in order to be reminded of tasks/appts.

+1

Although I use KDE, I much prefer Evolution's calendar to KOrganizer. I install Evolution expressly to be able to use the calendar function, even tho' it is the only bit of it that I use.

Lisi

Hmmm ... plus all of the additional overhead of a MS Outlook clone. I reckon that I'll stick with Orage thanks.