On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 20:38 +0100, roberto wrote:
> hello,
> i have installed graphviz via aptitude on my debian 5.0 and it appears to be
> in:
> $ whereis graphviz
> graphviz: /usr/lib/graphviz /usr/share/graphviz
> /usr/share/man/man7/graphviz.7.gz
>
> but where is the executable ?

Typing 'man graphviz' says that it is a 'rich set of graph drawing
tools', then goes on to list the set of tools. I guess that there is no
executable called graphviz, just one for each tools - like 'dot' or
'neato'.

(I have graphviz installed for use by Doxygen, in case you are using it
for the same... I have an empty DOT_PATH and that seems to work.)

--
Tixy