Hi,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:48:13AM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Friday 29 January 2010 08:11:06 Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Please run packages under pure unstable system if possible to report
> > bugs.
>
> That's *NOT* Debian policy.

I said "if possible".

> DDs are responsible for *all* their official
> package versions, not just unstable.

DDs fixes package issues only on:
* pure oldstable system (security bugs)
* pure stable    system (security bugs and safe fixes)
* pure testing   system (All bugs normally via unstable upload)
* pure unstable  system (All bugs)

(Please note pure means not mixing stable/testing/unstable)

Once you create mixed system, you are basically on your own.  (This does
not conflict with the fact that I tried to make my packages to be
backportable as much as possible.  This is my optional action.)

> > (Please do not feel bad.  You are not alone making this
> > misunderstanding.)
>
> Please provide a Debian policy document reference that says DDs get to ignore
> testing and stable.

I am not saying "DDs get to ignore testing and stable".  I am only
saying "DD does not gurantee mixed stable/testing/unstable system".

We make releases with reason.  We do not test nor gurantee mixed system.

Osamu

PS: "policy" may not cover obvious...  I do not feel I had to take
burden of proof here.