On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:33:41 -0500 (EST), Germana Oliveira wrote:

> HI!! (me again)
>
> i just realize that my DVDROM does not work..
>
> /etc/fstab:

> proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
> /dev/hda1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
> /dev/hda6       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
> /dev/hda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
> /dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
> /dev/hdb        /media/cdrom1   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
> /dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
>
> the DVDROM seems to be: /dev/hdb
>
> and no matter what DVD or CD i put in, it can read it.

I'm confused.  First you say that your DVDROM doesn't work.
They you say that no matter what DVD or CD you put in, it can read it.
That does not compute!

Second, the contents of /etc/fstab are intended to be for permanent
file systems that are always there.  Since a DVDROM drive uses
removable media, you wouldn't want to mount it at boot time in
/etc/fstab.