WD passport series hd: i have a tera one and my friend a small mypassport
320gb; either with this fucking udf thing that has to be a firmware thing,
providing some backup and crypting stuff, not very useful, not useful at all
in linux.
debian see it as a udf cd filesystem and optionally mount it accordingly,
but i never come up to get rid of it. WD provides a tool on the hd support
pages to erase it from windows and macos, but i haven't got any of them
so... And procede carefully, googling a bit: i heard of some problems that
this tool actually has

hope it helps