On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Charles Kroeger <
ckro...@frankensteinface.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Thanks for all the suggestions.
>
> I had a go with the above site using the powerful command:
>
> #dpkg --force-depends --force-architecture --force-overwrite -i
>
> to install the suggested libs:
>
> ia32-libs_1.19_amd64.deb
> lib32asound2_1.0.14a-1_amd64.deb
> lib32gcc1_4.2-20070609-1_amd64.deb
> lib32ncurses5_5.6-3_amd64.deb
> lib32stdc++6_4.2-20070609-1_amd64.deb
> lib32z1_1.2.3-15_amd64.deb
> libc6-i386_2.5-9_amd64.deb
> lsb-release_3.1-23.1_all.deb
>
> but this seriously wipes out most applications. I think in fact that site
> and
> those libs are out of date and the site should be taken down or updated,
> use
> it to your peril.
>
> --

Hey,

Though not stated in that site, I think the idea is to get the up-to date
versions of the libs rather than the ones shown, maybe it should say: You
should now have a directory that looks *something* like this.

Anyway, I think the huge **WARNING** notes should have been enough to let
you know the whole thing was not without risk ;)

Regards,

Angus