António PT <acmps...@gmail.com>:
>  2010/2/1 Nima Azarbayjany <i.adore.deb...@gmail.com>
> >
> > On a recent install of Squeeze I get a message that "setting sensor limits"
> > fails.  I am wondering whether this can be a threat to the hardware and if
> > there are any workarounds for this issue.  I am running the amd64 2.6.32
> > kernel from testing on my HP Pavilion dv5 laptop.

Mine's a dv4.  2.6.30-bpo.1-amd64

>  I also have the same hardware as you and the same kernel in amd64. Is this
>  relative to lm_sensors? I never got them to work...

(0) infidel /home/keeling_ sensors
acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:       +66.0�C  (crit = +105.0�C)

(0) infidel /home/keeling_ lsmod | grep power
cpufreq_powersave       1792  0
powernow_k8            14036  0
processor              40048  1 powernow_k8

>  I don't think this should be a threat to your laptop, the sensors
>  only read temperature (and other data) they don't interfere with
>  the working of the CPU, hard drive or other components. I think you
>  have no reasons to worry.

They sure help here, otherwise the fan makes it sound like my Sun U30.