Oliver Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003:09:05:05:21:11+0200] scribed:
> On Thu, 04 Sep 2003, Michael D Schleif wrote:
>
> > I don't know about any of you; but, I really want the opportunity -- up
> > front -- to decide *FOR MYSELF* whether or not I consider the email sent
> > to me from these sites to be spam.
>
> To control the spam-emails before they are send to /dev/null I put this in
> my .procmailrc:
>
> ################
> # Spamassassin #
> ################
>       :0fw
>       | spamc
>
>       :0:
>       caughtspam
>
> So using mutt I can deceide on my own if spam delivered to folder caughtspam
> should be definitive deleted.

That's terrific, Oliver; but, that has _nothing_ to do with my
complaint.

When an email comes in from amazon.com, and spamassassin finds
amazon.com listed in /usr/share/spamassassin/60_whitelist.cf, then
spamassassin gives that email a USER_IN_WHITELIST, which is scored
thusly:

   -100.00

Obviously, it will take alot of other bad spammy things to raise the
score for this email to >= +5.0 ;<

--
Best Regards,

mds