On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 15:47:07 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> Tell the user to use a DVI-D to DVI-D (only digital) cable :-)
>>

> He is using the cable that came with the monitor.

Can't he get a new one? Or at least, can't he determine what type of
cable is it? DVI-I, DVI-D... I find that a hardware solution is the most
appropiate (an easiest) method to be sure :-?

> Is there no way to tell which type of connection is being used? For
> whatever reason, it is important to him to know that the connection is
> digital.

If video source -display- is digital (extreme "A" of the cable is
connected to a DVI-x output) and input source -graphic card- (extreme "B"
of the cable is connecetd to a DVI-x input) then he can only get a
digital signal.

What are the involved elements here, that is, graphic card and display
brand/model?

As per your original question, no, I don't know any software or method to
analyze or test the video input signal being digital or analogic :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón