On 2010-03-14 22:28, Mitchell Laks wrote:
On 22:05 Sun 14 Mar     , Ron Johnson wrote:
3 PCs or 3 printers?

Three different pcs, each with a hp printer directly connected to it via a usb cable using cups printing.

Note that cups has always been flakey for me. So I have not infrequently had
to reinstall the printer driver to get it working over the years. I have used debian since 2002 or so. Before that redhat 7.3.

Cups has been the opposite for me: rock stable. Since I run Sid, I'm of course constantly getting point upgrades, but as for problems: nada.

My system is pretty different though: a Dell 3100cn network printer that uses some Lexmark driver.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka