On Sunday 21 March 2010 18:52:36 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I am managing a small embedded device that I SSH into over the LAN. To
> run commands, I use KDE Konsole, and to transfer files I use Konqueror
> and SFTP. I understand that SFTP also runs over SSH, so is there a way
> to send files in Konsole as well? I am familiar with the FTP commands
> such as cd, lcd, put, and get. Are there equivalent commands for SSH
> terminal connections?

  As others have commented, you can use scp or sftp.

  However, I can imagine that embedded might not have the
sftp service or the scp executable.

  If that's your case, you can always do:

# cat file | ssh remote 'cat > destinaton'

  i.e. pipe the file through a simple SSH invocation
of "cat" on the remote system.

                                -- A.
--
Andrew Reid / rei...@bellatlantic.net