Merciadri Luca wrote:
Osamu Aoki wrote:
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 01:09:58PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
I guess this was the big headach
_was_ or _is still_?

Was.

The only thing to keep in mind is that aptitude keeps an internal state; a sort of staging state that you work on while using the ncurses UI. It only "clears" it on demand or when you "commit" your changes, thus you can close and re-open a session without losing your work (yeah, sometimes package management is still work).

People simply wonder when they modify some package status with apt-get in the middle of an aptitude session - but everything seems taken care of the best it can; I'm pretty sure there's no (known) bug, the user is almost always the problem.

Note that using aptitude CLI only isn't messing with people's head.

I also think the fuzz comes from #411123, which is fixed. I've never heard of anything else.

Disclaimer -- just my understanding (I'm sometimes surprised.)

-thib